Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The presence of God

In reading "Practice of the Presence of God: The Best Rule of Holy Life" I am reminded that it is something I should do every year.

I love the quote in the "second conversation" [chaper 2?] where he says :

That when an occasion of practising some virtue offered, he addressed himself to GOD, saying, LORD,I cannot do this unless Thou enablest me; and that then he received strength more than sufficient. That when he had failed in his duty, he only confessed his fault, saying to GOD, I shall never do otherwise, if You leave me to myself; ’tis You must hinder my falling, and mend what is amiss. That after this, he gave himself no further uneasiness about it.

It is a great reminder of :

1> I can only do it with God's help.

2> I will always mess up when I'm on my own.

3> Only God can make me get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment